Welcome to the MRAQ website
From 3 March 2014, Kenilworth-Brooloo Road will be closed to through traffic north of Bluff Road.......
- We talk to Matt Johnson about important developments for the March Tattoo and Body Art Expo in Sydney and the concessions agreed to by the NSW Government
- We catch up with Moose from Highway 61 about the 24th Annual Bankstown Custom Motorcycle Show
- We talk to Mark Petersen from Troy Bayliss Events about the Brisbane Motorcycle Expo in March and find out who is running the Melbourne's Expo in November
The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) is pleased to advise that the new Grigor Bridge will be open to traffic on Monday 17 February 2014, weather permitting.
The Motorcycle Riders' Association of Queensland Inc.(MRAQ)is the official voice of Queensland's road riding motorcycles, off-road motorcycles, scooters and trikes communities. With more than 162,231 motorcycles and scooters now registered in Queensland, it is imperative that these people are being properly considered as a legitimate part of the transport mix.
The MRAQ's primary role is to convey the road safety concerns and suggestions of the road/offroad motorcycles, scooter, trikes riding community to relevant government bodies and work with them to achieve the goal of improving motorcycle, scooter and trike safety. It also provides information from its work back to the riding community in order to facilitate the achievement of its objectives. The MRAQ has been representing Queensland motorcycle and scooter riders at the highest levels since 1982.
The MRAQ's objectives are to:
- Promote road safety
- Promote a better image for motorcycling
- Work for fair and sensible legislation on behalf of all motorcyle enthusiasts
- Participate in charitable and community service activities
MRAQ supports responsible, safe, yet enjoyable riding practices, and encourages on/off road motorcycle, trike and scooter riders to participate in advanced rider training and track days to safely develop their skills and experience safely in a non-public road environment.
Next page: MRAQ Latest News